Part 1 simple 500-1000 words. Need 3 references with url in APA format please. If you except the assignment and would like an example of what a reference should look like I will give it to you.
- Discussion Question – Whistleblower: An Ethical DilemmaA whistleblower, by definition, is someone who brings an unethical, immoral, or illegal business practice to the public’s attention. Whistleblowers have a difficult time in doing this, and they often find their lives changed because of their actions. Sometimes they are shunned and also receive death threats. It is common for the family members to feel the effects of a whistleblower’s behavior.
Dr. Jeffrey Wigand became one of the best-known whistleblowers after his experience was turned into a movie, The Insider. He proved tobacco companies were deliberately boosting the nicotine content of cigarettes, making them more addictive and cancer causing. However, similar to other whistleblowers, he suffered from tremendous stress and received death threats and other forms of intimidation for doing the right thing. Do some research on Wigand’s actions.
For the first part of your post:
- Assess how Dr. Wigand showed moral intelligence and leadership in this situation. Assess what you think he did for his own credibility based on his actions.
- Evaluate what you would do if you found an unethical practice in your workplace. Would your response depend on the severity of the unethical practice?
For the second part of your post, select any one of the following bullet points.
- Provide a couple examples of potential unethical practices in your organization that could be considered very minor and that people have come to “accept” as opposed to reporting. How, exactly, does the organization or its members respond to the unethical practices? Assess any inconsistencies in the organizational response. Recommend any alternative response.
- Create a continuum of severity model regarding ethical practices in organizations and discuss your model. How did you arrive at the model you created? Propose how an organization might use your severity continuum model.
- Justify why you think that people tend to accept some unethical practices while others are not accepted. Propose three or four key steps an organization might take to build more consistent ethical decisions and actions.
Conclude your post with a three or four sentence summary of the most important point, lesson, or takeaways from your research and analysis for your initial post.
Provide a substantive (500–1,000 words) initial discussion post. Justify your answers with examples and reasoning.
Part 2. Basically pick a leader and write about them. 3-4 page. Need cover page and reference page with at least three references with url in APA format please. As you can see in the instructions we will use this information in future assignments and if a good job is done I will let you do the rest of them.
Ethics in Leadership
This course has major project assignments that will be due in Weeks 3 and 5. It will take more than a week’s effort to adequately complete them. Plan time to start the research and other work for those assignments earlier than the week in which they are due.
For the course project, you will assess the ethical nature of leadership by studying a current or historical leader. Choose a famous leader with readily available information (e.g., press releases, organizational websites, published biographies, etc.) that you can research. Consult with your instructor early in the week if you need assistance. You will be using the same leader for the Week 1, Week 3, and Week 5 assignments.
For the Week 1 paper, prepare a biographical introduction of your chosen leader that summarizes:
- who the leader is,
- what era the leader came from,
- what organization the leader is or was affiliated with,
- why this leader is worthy of study,
- the specific leadership theory/style this leader used, citing specific examples and research to support your assessment.
Next, analyze this leader in terms of moral intelligence and credibility as a leader, citing evidence to support your perspectives. Specifically, this section should assess any gaps between espoused values and actual behaviors.
Next, analyze the alignment of the leader’s values and behaviors with the organizational values expressed in vision, mission, and value statements of the organization most closely affiliated with the leader, as well as any other indicators of organizational culture.
Finally, synthesize a personal reflection of “lessons learned” that includes at least two key take aways that you can apply to your own leadership practice.
- Submit your answers in a three- to four-page Microsoft Word document.