In your career development work to date, you have researched careers that interest you, and you have evaluated your strengths and weaknesses, comparing them to those required in the career you want. You may have worked with a mentor or networked with other professionals working in your desired career, and you are developing a resume and honing your interviewing skills. Soon you will apply what you are learning to your job search. This is a good time to also consider the skills and practices required for on the job success. To complete this assignment, refer to your own personal experience. You can also refer to information in the Student Career Center.
Assignment Preparation and Requirements
In the Student Career Center, read On the Job Success (Links to an external site.) and Advanced Topics for Professional Success (Links to an external site.). Using a single example or multiple examples from your professional life now and/or in the past, or from your research, answer the following questions in a well-written paper. Be sure to provide detailed responses to these questions using specific examples and integrate your answers into a paper that flows smoothly.
Develop a well-written 2 – 3-page paper, not including the title or references pages, that includes the following:
- How do you use critical thinking in decision making and problem solving in your professional life?
- What are the three most important elements of personal and professional etiquette that you employ in your professional life?
- What are your strengths in communication in your professional life? What are your weaknesses?
- What strategies do you employ to stay on-task and on-time in your professional life? How do you manage your professional goals?
- Be sure to use a minimum of 3 supporting references with at least 1 or 2 of those being peer reviewed. These articles could relate to goal setting, professional goals, professional etiquette, decision making, or any other relevant aspect of career development.
Always follow CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements (Links to an external site.) style and review the library material concerning APA style before turning in this assignment.