1. What was Operation Rolling Thunder? Be sure to outline the purpose of the operation, the role of new military technologies, and if the operation successfully completed its mission. Your response should be at least 500 words in length.
2. Briefly summarize the roles of both Ho Chi Minh and Ngo Dinh Diem in the Vietnamese conflict. What was the background of each man? Explain why Ho was more successful than Diem.Your response should be at least 500 words in length.
3. Do you feel the American opinion of President Richard Nixon directly impacted perspectives on the U.S. military’s role in the Vietnam Conflict in its waning years? Why, or why not? What other influences do you think may have impacted these views?Your journal entry must be at least 200 words. No references or citations are necessary.
4. What was the Tet Offensive? Describe, in detail, the effects the Offensive had on the scope and extent of the Vietnam War as a whole. Be sure to address the role and innovations that came with media coverage of the Offensive.Your response should be at least 500 words in length.
5. Examine how Presidents John F. Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson, and Richard Nixon each dealt with Vietnam. What were the similarities and differences in their plans? Was any particular plan more effective or less effective? How did media coverage of each plan affect the political atmosphere in the United States? Your response should be at least 500 words in length.