watch the Film and answer the question below
the play(film) Link:
Homework Analysis for All My Sons
All My Sons Analysis
After you read and listen to the play, answer the questions below to the best of your ability. Your answers should explain how well you understand the story, the plot, its structure, the characters and the relevant action of the story/play. These questions are based on the lectures and power points provided in this weeks lesson.
Remember – This week is an exercise in story/play Analysis and Structure
TITLE OF FILM: _______________________________________
A. Geographical location, including climate:
B. Date; year, season, time of day:
C. Economic environment (What is the ECONOMY like for the Characters? How does it affect them?)
D. Political environment (Who is IN- CHARGE in the relationships? Who or what has the power?)
E. Social environment (What are the characters SOCIAL NORMS? How would you describe their social class within their society? Is their place on the social ladder important? How/who do they CONDUCT themselves with? How does that affect the story)
F. Religious environment (what effect does RELIGION/ FAITH or the LACK OF RELIGION/FAITH play and affect your story? what do the characters put most of their faith, energy, thought, action into?)
1. Who is the Protagonist_________________________________________
2. Who is the Antagonist__________________________________________
3. List the Inciting Event (the event before the story starts that sets up the action.)
4. List the Stasis (how does the world of the story open and exist?)
5. List the Intrusion (that moment or event that provokes the present action into motion // breaks the stasis)
6. What is the major complication event in the play structure?
7. List 4 events in the story of the Rising Action. (The dramatic events leading to climax)
8. What is the stories Turning Point
9. List the Climax
10. List the Falling Action (The Events that lead to Resolution/Return to Stasis)
11. List the Resolution // The Return to Stasis ( the way the world is now)
PLEASE DRAW A FREYTAG TRIANGLE ON THE BACK OF YOUR WORK AND LABEL ITS PARTS WITH YOUR STRUCTURE ANALYSIS.
The way to draw a FREYTAG TRIANGLE is uploaded below.
PLEASE CREATE A MOCK/DREAM CAST LIST WITH MODERN ACTORS YOU FEEL WOULD DO WELL WITH THE FOLLOWING ROLES: JOE, KATE, CHRIS, ANN AND GEORGE. – LOOK AT HOW YOU WOULD CREATE A DREAM CAST WITH A DIFFERENT CAST BACKGROUND. EXAMPLES WOULD BE ALL AFRICAN AMERICAN CAST OR A COMPLETE LATINO CAST. MAYBE IT’S A FAMILY FROM MIDDLE EASTERN BACKGROUND? i WONDER HOW A CASTING CHANGE WOULD AFFECT SOME OF THE OVERALL THEMATIC ISSUES THAT MILLER’S PLAY SPEAKS TO?