Find at least one Financial Stability Report from the following different regulatory agencies (for a minimum of seven reports = minimum of seven slides) that provides a discussion of macroprudential tools and methods
- Note, this list updates similar samples provided in the Relevant Research Samples/Monitoring Examples folder under Course Materials
1. https://www.ecb.europa.eu/pub/financial-stability/fsr/html/index.en.html (Pick at least one report)
European Central BankFinancial Stability Review. All issues of the ECB’s financial stability review are provided giving an overview of the possible sources of risk and vulnerability to financial stability in the euro area.
“The Global Financial Stability Report provides an assessment of the global financial system and markets, and addresses emerging market financing in a global context. It focuses on current market conditions, highlighting systemic issues that could pose a risk to financial stability and sustained market access by emerging market borrowers. The Report draws out the financial ramifications of economic imbalances highlighted by the IMF’s World Economic Outlook. It contains, as special features, analytical chapters or essays on structural or systemic issues relevant to international financial stability.”
Financial Stability Reports of the Bank of England
Financial Stability Reports of the Bank of Japan
United States Office of Financial research Financial Stability Reports
United States Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Financial Stability Reports
OECD Financial Stability Reports
The Deutsche Bundesbank Financial Stability Reports
- Consider how the visualization and analytical aspects of the particular macroprudential tools can be relevant for monitoring the phenomenon of financial stress.
- Create a minimum of one slide per report that discusses your interpretation of how you may adapt the particular macroprudential approach to monitor the phenomenon of financial stress.
- Prepare a Table summarizing your ideas based on your comparative literature review (in MS Excel or MS Word format) and submit the table along with the slides.