This week, analyze problems experienced by parents with children who have long-term illnesses or disabilities. Consider the following aspects and their impact on both parent-child and socio-emotional relationships and parenting:
- The hospital is far from where the family lives, and neither of the parents is able to stay nearby to visit the child daily/weekly.
- Finances (and marital relations) are strained by the cost of treatment, and there are other children in the home needing care.
- Ill children feel abandoned and act out, often rejecting the parents, who in turn, feel guilty and fail to discipline their children properly.
Support what you write using the textbook and scholarly articles.
- Write a 2-3 page paper, not counting the required title and reference pages.
- Support your analysis by using and citing material from readings required in Week 5. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find additional sources.
- Format your paper according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.