I need an argumentative essay for English deprartment. I have many topics to choose and i have to submit the outline before the essay, the outline due April 28.
1) Your essay must be a 5 or 6-paragraph Argumentative Essay, which includes: an introduction, body paragraphs (2 or 3), a REFUTATION paragraph, and a conclusion. Be sure to use “Hook” followed by connecting information and a clear thesis statement in your introduction. Be sure to add enough development to complete the body paragraphs of the essay. Conclusion paragraph should restate the thesis statement, highlight key components in the body paragraphs, and give a Final thought (e.g. suggestion/opinion/prediction) about the topic of the essay.
2) Must complete your OUTLINE and be approved by your teacher before submitting your essay. (Penalty: -10 pmts)
3) Find 2 different sources based on your topic. For each source, use parenthetical citation (MLA-Style). Then attach your Bibliography page.
4) Your essay must be typed; double-space the text of your paper, and use a legible font (e.g. Times New Roman). The font size is 12pt. (Penalty: -2 points)
5) In the upper left-hand corner of the first page, list your full name, your instructor’s name, the course, and the date. Be sure to use double-spaced text. (Penalty: -2 points)
6) Create a header in the upper right-hand corner that includes your last name, followed by a space with a page number; number all pages consecutively. (Penalty: -2 points)
7)You must have an outline before submitting Essay #3. (Penalty: -10 points)
8) DUE DATE: FRIDAY, 4/24 (12pm)
9) Late submission: -5pts/day (NOTE: no late submission after Monday 4/27 by 10pm)
10) As always, NO plagiarism!
11) Writing evaluation/rubric (Please see the attachment)
- Humanities: Present an argument about the quality of a movie. Should your readers see the movie or not?
- Education: Should schools provide moral education for youth, or should instruction in values be left to parents?
- Business: Is it ethical for companies to market their product to children?
- Technology: Is television an effective tool in building the minds of young people?
- Social/Religious: Can people move in together before they get married?
- Culture: In America, many foreigners have immigrated to start a new journey. They have acquired new skills, education, friends, jobs, etc. However, in some cases, the children born and raised in this country have also neglected their cultural value and their “mother-tongue” language. As a second-generation, is it morally or ethically acceptable to abandon or forsake his or her parents’ foreign language.
(Outline) 1) Download a handout/Outline (click here)2) Complete the outline handout. Please be brief (i.e. jot down ideas; examples or key phrases) Do not write the entire essay. 3) However, please write complete sentences for Thesis statement and Topic sentences (2-3) 4) DUE: Tuesday, 4/28 (by 10pm). No extension for this assignment. (Closed on the due date).The student name: Salahaldeen tayehCourse name: 0354 WritingProf name: Mr. Luke.Ahn
Priv number for questions : (346)350-386