- Family Literacy & Home Visiting Programs (Links to an external site.)
- Results from the National Early Literacy Panel & Their Implications for Family Literacy Programs (Links to an external site.)
Purpose: The purpose of this assignment is to examine and evaluate various family literacy programs that offer home visit programs and explain the benefits for parents and children that each program provides.
- Based on what you have read this week, examine the various family literacy programs that offer home visit programs and the benefits for parents and children that each program provides.
- Next, use the (handout) provided to explain which program(s) best benefit parents and children.
- Then, write a reflection in the designated boxes on the table to evaluate the information you have listed. Do all programs benefit the whole family, just children, or just parents?
Purpose: The purpose of this assignment is to analyze the results from the National Early Literacy Panel & their Implications for Family Literacy Programs and apply them into their own practice.
Directions: This week’s readings and video explain how being literate in the United States is essential to be successful in our literate society. They also share findings from research related to literacy and the implications based on those findings.
- Given what you have learned from the readings and the video, how can you use the implications provided by the National Early Literacy Panel and apply them into your practice today?
- Using Sock Puppets, create your own puppet show to answer the above question and share it on YouTube. Sock Puppets (Links to an external site.). Sock Puppets lets you create your own lip-synched videos and share them YouTube . You may add Puppets, props, scenery, and backgrounds and start creating. Hit the record button and the puppets automatically lip-synch to your voice. Please be advised that YouTube does not allow you to upload a video that surpasses 15 minutes in length. Hit the record button and the puppets automatically lip-synch to your voice.
- Upload your video on YouTube.