Evaluate whether the social media space has room for more platforms in the context of Myspace and Google+. What does it take to make someone recognize or switch to a new platform? How does this affect you and how you use social media?
Read this article about the downfall of Myspace.
The following articles provide a chronological history of the many issues that plagued the Google+ social network beginning in 2011:
- Article: Google Plus Problems: Users’ Biggest Issues With the New Social Network
- Article: Google Plus: The Problem Isn’t Design, It’s a Lack of Demand
- Six Months Later, Google Plus Still Doesn’t Add Up
- Google+ Still Exists for Some Reason (And It’s Getting an Update)
- Alphabet to Shut Google+ Social Site After User Data Exposed
- Google Sets April 2 Closing Date for Google+, Download Your Photos and Content Before Then
Video: Myspace Is Still Alive But It’s Nothing Like It Was 15 Years Ago (5:30)
This video features former Myspace users looking back on the more prominent features of classic Myspace and comparing how they relate to features on today’s Facebook platform.
Article: 123 Amazing Social Media Statistics and Facts
This article contains a plethora of social media statistics from January of 2019. This resource may prove useful when completing the Module Six journal assignment.