a television program that you know contains a social inequality or
social class theme (e.g. racism, sexism, social class categories).
Select just one episode of this television program to assess
Prepare a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation.
Include at least 2 of the following: photos, illustrations, graphs, diagrams, animations, videos, or audio clips. Document the source of each media item you include.
Discuss the following in your presentation:
- Provide a brief introduction that includes the program’s title,
describes the type of program, and explains which social theme you are
- Describe and explain scenes that apply to the social theme.
- Aside from verbal language, identify all observed body language,
facial expressions, gestures, posture stances, modes of dress, nonverbal
cues, symbols, and any other means by which inequalities are displayed.
- Explain your interpretation of the meanings of the identified nonverbal communications and symbolism.
- Summarize how these interpretations are important to the
sociological understanding of your chosen social inequality or social
- Provide a conclusion that summarizes the key points in your analysis.
Format your references according to appropriate course level APA guidelines. Include citations in the speaker notes.
Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.