Formulate strategies based on an external and environmental analysis.
All of the six organizations (Google, Walt Disney Company, Amazon, P&G, 3M, or Ford Motor Company) you chose from have invested in different methods of analysis to gain and retain industry standing. The threats and opportunities that exist for an organization are identified through studying and appraising the external environment. In order to be competitive, an organization must look closely at these aspects to properly formulate a successful strategic plan.
Write a three- to four-page APA formatted paper with at least two outside sources (in addition to the text) incorporating the following aspects:
- Organizations as Open Systems:
- One key aspect is the “Environment as Information Perspectives.” Discuss what was determined to be the environmental uncertainty for your chosen organization.
- Another important aspect is the “Environment as Source of Resource Perspective.” Discuss the way in which management has been able to attain and regulate these critical resources for your organization.
- Provide a breakdown of these two perspectives to better see how they can be applied. If these perspectives are not readily available for your organization, you may infer them from information about the organization that is available.
- External and Environmental Analysis:
- Within the specific environment, multiple variables exist. Discuss which two of the five competitive forces were found to be most valuable and why.
- The general environment also needs to be examined. There are five sectors that should be analyzed. After evaluating each, discuss which two you believe will most impact the strategic management plan for your chosen organization and why.
In addition to the aspects above, please share the advantages and disadvantages that exist when performing an external analysis. What did you find to be the most beneficial and detrimental factors during this analysis? Incorporate information from the readings, your research, and personal experience (using APA citations where appropriate).
|No Pass||No Pass||Competence||Proficiency||Mastery|
|Not Submitted||Does not identify the environmental uncertainty, nor are the required sources present to support points.||Identifies environmental uncertainty, yet only a basic understanding is displayed and required sources are not included.||Identifies environmental uncertainty, yet the description is underdeveloped and only a few resources are provided.||Identifies the environmental uncertainty and fully supports stance with required sources.|
|Not Submitted||No mention of the manner in which management has been able to attain and regulate critical resources.||Partial recognition is showcased when displaying the manner in which management has been able to attain and regulate critical resources, but is not supported by required sources.||Partial recognition of the manner in which management has been able to attain and regulate critical resources, and is somewhat supported by required sources.||Recognizes the manner in which management has been able to attain and regulate critical resources, and fully supports stance with required sources.|
|Not Submitted||No demonstration of the ability to pinpoint the value of two competitive forces.||Only partial demonstration of the ability to pinpoint the value of two competitive forces.||Pinpoints the value of two competitive forces, yet sources are not present to support points.||Pinpoints the value of two competitive forces and provides supporting research.|
|Not Submitted||No demonstration of the ability to identify the two sectors needed.||Identifies only the understanding of the two sectors needed, not the results.||Identifies understanding of the two sectors needed, but does not provide research to support the results.||Identifies understanding of the two sectors needed and provides supporting research.|