write a cause and effect essay.
Write a 650 minimum essay in line with the lesson of Cause and Effect . Remember to stay within the guidelines of our syllabus. Remember: Keep all writing in third-person format!
- Businesses went under—explain HOW the crash caused this
- Describe poverty in detail—explain how this could’ve been handled more efficiently or even avoided
Narrowing a Large Topic
- What’s the main (most important) cause? Most people attribute it to the stock market crash, so that’s a good place to start.
- Can I break the different types of effects down into categories? Yes! I’ll break my ideas down into categories like: economic, social, employment, practical, and morale effects. (example below)
- Which category interests me the most? “Practical effects” is the most interesting. I’ll narrow the topic of my paper down so that my essay will now be about how the stock market crash affected the practical ways that people lived their lives during the Great Depression.
Narrowing a Large Topic – Example