Book: Global Business Today
Authors: Charles W.L. Hill G. Tomas M. Hult
McGraw Hill Education
This is a 2 part assignment. This first part is already complete but will be needed for the final paper. The paper to this part is in the upload. This was the directions for part one.
Please look up current articles and topics that relate to the Country of Russia. You just went over the chapter that talked about “The Foreign Exchange Market.” You will need to do a bit of research to find out what the currency is for Russia and look at the risk that is involved with business today for that country. What are some things that you feel would be important to know if you would be doing business with or in Russia?
I have included a link below that I would like you to get familiar with. Once you click on the link below you will be taken to the “GlobalEdge” website. This is a wonderful source for you to use moving forward. You are able to look up a tremendous amount of information for all countries. On the left hand side of the website you will see multiple links to click on that has everything to do with Russia. You will be researching Russia for your final project. I am providing you an opportunity to “Start” with this activity. Whatever you put together in this activity you will need to for your final project. This will be “part 1” to the final project. You are fully empowered to provide solid and substantial research on the country based off of what you have learned in the previous chapters. Of course, the more detail the better as it will help you with your final in the long run. Please provide at least 2 pages, double-spaced, and 11pt font for this “starting” activity. Upload your research to the link provided in Moodle.
Cover Letter, Intro, Body with Titles and Subtitles, Conclusion, References
See uploaded paper
The uploaded document is what you need to add to the second part which is below. EVERYTHING in that paper must be in this final. He said that you WOULD just add this to the new paper Under the new MLA FORMAT Research Paper Template that has been provided.
Please click on this link to watch an online Module about doing Business In Russia.
Fun Final Project
Time: No less than 5 hours
As you have been studying in this course; some organizations attempt to expand their international operations by seeking foreign markets appropriate for existing products and services. Other enterprises assess foreign business environments in an attempt to meet needs in those markets.
Your project will be to explore what it would take to do business in Russia.
Think of a business that you would like to run here in the U.S. and you are willing to look at Russia as a possible business venture. I am leaving it up to you on what business that you would like to choose. Be creative; yet you will want to utilize something that will be successful in the long run. You will be utilizing the Global Edge resource website and the Country Commercial Guide to help create an entry analysis to the country of Russia (See the links below).
Please construct an entry analysis/research paper (MLA Style) that is a minimum of 3 pages long. I have provided a MLA Format Research Paper Template for you. (This is required for you to use.) Simply click on the template provided below and read the instructions for each area of the paper. This will give you exactly what I am looking for. Please use 12pt font, double-spaced, and regular margins. There should be nothing that you have to change on the template other than filling in your information and completing the analysis/research paper with your findings. There is going to be a ton of information on both of the resource sites that I provided. Do not simply paste and copy from these websites/documents. You are conducting a research based project. You will need to do a lot of research and then put this research in to your own investigation/research paper. I am looking for you to tell me what entry mode would be the best for you to do business in Russia. This will test your new knowledge in International Business. It will also prepare you to utilize resources to use in the real business world.
Your final conclusion should be explaining what entry mode you will be using. You will lose valuable points if this strong conclusion of an entry mode is not offered at the end of your paper.
Resources to utilize for this project:
- Global Edge Cyber Site: http://www.globaledge.msu.edu/
- Country Commercial Guide: https://www.export.gov/apex/article2?id=Russia-Market-Opportunities
- Analysis/Research Paper Template (MLA Format) Click on this link to get your required template
1. In the first step it will be completed by exploring the Global Edge site (provided above) and research various topics to help you develop a possible entry analysis. Included in this first step, you will conduct a preliminary assessment of geographic, economic, social-cultural, and political-legal factors that create global business opportunities in Russia. Also, you should consider how technology could create new foreign business opportunities by expanding possibilities for production, marketing, and distribution of goods and services. This is where the above paper begins.
2. The second step will be to utilize the Country Commercial Guide to help put your analysis together. Below are some “Topics” that you will see in the Commercial Guide once you search for “Russia” with the link provided above. Within these chapters you will see various subtopics that break each chapter down a bit more. Remember you own a business of your choice in the U.S. and you are trying to research what it would take to do business in Russia.
- Doing Business In Russia
- Entry Modes to choose from
- Political and Economic Environment
- Selling U.S. Products and Services
- Leading Sectors for U.S. Export and Investment
- Trade Regulations, Customs and Standards
- Investment Climate
- Trade and Project Financing
- Business Travel
- Contacts, Market Research and Trade Events