The Role of Crime Analysis in Protecting the Community
This assignment is intended to provide an introduction to the use of crime analysis to assist with the reduction of crime. Using course materials and peer-reviewed journal articles, you will construct an academic paper that demonstrates an understanding of the connection between crime analysis and community safety.
Based on your review of course materials and peer-reviewed journal articles, write an academic paper in which you address the following:
- Analyze the critical steps in the history and development of the crime analysis function.
- Assess the development and application of stratified policing techniques in preventing and controlling crime.
- Compare and contrast the relationship between crime analysis and community policing.
- Evaluate the application of crime analysis techniques that are effective in the overall prevention and/or reduction of crime.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Length: At least eight double-spaced pages (excluding the cover page and references list). Include page numbers, headings, and running header.
- Number of resources: At least three current, scholarly, and peer-reviewed resources, formatted as per current APA guidelines.
- Formatting: Use correct APA style and formatting, paying particular attention to citations and references.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.