Complete both parts of this assignment.
Imagine you have been asked by your supervisor at a community outreach center to develop a treatment program for a vulnerable population. The community outreach center offers services to a variety of at-risk populations in your community. You have been given the opportunity to choose one of the following diverse populations to create the program to serve:
- Homeless parents with children
- Older adults
- People with a serious mental illness
- Adults with developmental disabilities
- Teenagers with substance abuse issues
- Victims of domestic violence
- Young adults with physical disabilities
Research best practices for treatment of and interventions for your selected population using peer-reviewed journal articles from the University Library.
Use the research to determine the type of treatment program for your selected population.
Create a visually appealing brochure to introduce and promote your population specific treatment program and the intervention services.
Include the following components in your informational brochure:
- Briefly introduce your Community Outreach Center, including mission statement and service goals.
- Provide an overview of the treatment intervention program.
- Describe the program and include the research that supports the effectiveness of the program.
- List requirements for participation in the program.
- Describe the treatment goals and expected intervention results, including post-treatment support.
- Describe ethical and cultural considerations.
- Explain how the intervention program supports the Community Outreach Center’s mission, values, and ethical standards of the agency.
After developing your intervention program and the brochure, you are asked to evaluate the efficacy of the treatment program.
Write a 350- to 700-word summary describing what you learned creating the intervention and brochure. Be sure to include the following in your summary:
- What value does the program and interventions bring to the agency?
- What ethical concerns might materialize in the implementation of the program, and how will you address them appropriately?
- How does the program comply with local policy and legislative requirements?
- How will you determine if the brochure is effective? Why or why not?
- Were there challenges that came up for you in developing the brochure? What will you do to address these challenges in the future?
Format your assignment according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines.