Common Instructions for Options #1 and #2: Operations Supply Chain Management
- Access the Pearson MyOMLab per the instructions located in the Course Information folder, titled: MyOMLab Student Guide. Carefully review the simulation’s introductory information and instructions, as these results will influence your grade by 10%.
After completing the simulation, capture a screen image of your final simulation results, which are to be included in your critical thinking operations management assignment as an appendix item.
The operations supply chain management assignment content must include the following:
- Introduction: Explain the purpose or thesis of the paper and explain how the body of the paper is arranged to support the purpose of the paper.
- Provide a brief definition of supply chain management and identify why it is important in an organization’s operations.
- Provide a brief overview description of the supply chain management simulation.
- Describe your strategy for performing the supply chain management simulation.
- Describe at least three operations supply chain management methods, principles, or techniques experienced in the supply chain management simulation.
- Itemize at least three lessons learned from the supply chain management simulation.
- Conclusion: Present a recap of key points and summary of main emphasis without repeating verbatim and exclusive of new information.
- References: Include at least two current scholarly references (published within the past five years) in addition to the course text.
- Appendix: Supply chain management simulation results. The appendix page should be its own page after your reference page, with the header: Appendix—with your screenshot below.
Submit your Critical Thinking assignment document(s) to the module submissions area established for this purpose. Per the assignment rubric, a portion of your evaluation is based on your simulation results.
Option #1: Operations Supply Chain Management Paper
This Critical Thinking assignment option consists of two activities:
- Performing the Pearson MyOMLab Supply Chain Management Simulation.
- Writing an operations supply chain management paper.
- Your paper will require a structure that includes a strong title, followed by an introductory paragraph which generates interest and includes a thesis and mapping of what is to come.
- Each of the sections should use appropriate APA headings, including a conclusion section.
- Make sure that the body sections address each of the previous bullets.
- Your well-written paper should be four to six pages in length, not including the required cover and references pages.
- Support your paper with at least four to six scholarly references (excluding all textbooks). Use current sources, not older than five years. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these references.
- Format your paper according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.).
Please adhere to the detailed instructions contained in the Common Instructions for Options #1 and #2: Operations Supply Chain Management section above.