A rhetorical analysis requires anoverall evaluation of the source being analyzed. Since you will be writing a rhetorical analysis of your chosen TED Talk, you will need toevaluatethe speaker’s overall performance. In this journal entry, you will evaluate how well the speaker performed in your chosen TED Talk in at least one paragraph (approximately 5-7 sentences)
This assignment will give you the opportunity to get feedback on your evaluation of the speaker’s performance in your chosen TED Talk before you include it in your rhetorical analysis.
- watch your chosen TED Talk
- In one paragraph, evaluate the speaker’s overall performance
- How well did the speaker engage with the audience?
- What question would you ask the speaker?
- Give one piece of constructive advice on how the speaker could improve.
- Submit your journal entry for grading
Criteria for Success
- The journal entry must be a minimum of one paragraph (approximately five to seven sentences)
- The journal entry must be based on a video from the TED Talk archive
- The journal entry must:
- Address how well did the speaker engage with the audience?
- Address any questions you would ask the speaker?
- Give one piece of constructive advice on how the speaker could improve
- The essay should effectively employ Standard American English (free of grammar errors)
here is the ted talk video I choose