Week 4 Topic:
“Power and Leadership”
It will be helpful for you to review Chapter 14: Groups, for this week’s discussion question.
Something to think about:
- Who do you think of when you hear the word, “leadership”?
- What makes a good leader? According to research cited in our textbook, two common traits were characterized in 11 CEO’s who were studied. Those two traits were, modesty and humility (pg. 513).
Your discussion post:
- Name a person that you view as a good leader.
- Why do you think he or she is a good leader? Cite resources that back your opinion.
- What traits does this individual exhibit?
- How does this individual interact with others individuals with groups? Give some specific examples of how this person has demonstrated good leadership.
2. Your initial post (your response to the topic) must contain a citation. It is your ideas supported by research. Please refer to the APA Power Point in the Start Here section of the classroom for information on proper formatting. There will be a deduction of 20 points for failure to cite a source within your initial post and to provide a reference at the end of your initial post.
3. Your initial post must be a minimum of 300 words