The topic of the paper for this assignment is fire safety education. Write an APA Style annotated bibliography. The annotated bibliography will consisted of five (5) peer-reviewed journal articles from online library academic databases. The scholarly references selected by the student will be used in the Final Project Paper.
An annotated bibliography is a list of references. Each reference is followed by a brief (usually about 150 words) descriptive and evaluative paragraph, the annotation. Your work should include summaries of the article, evaluation, and analysis of the article. The purpose of the annotation is to inform the reader of the relevance, accuracy, and quality of the sources cited.
Make sure to use a cover page formatted in APA Style for this assignment.
Here is an outline for the final paper assignment:
- Fire safety education is a method of providing the public with information and skills that help them recognize fire hazards and take action to prevent the fire, as well as learn how to respond in case of an emergency.
- Fire safety education ensures that firefighters do not face the risky situations associated with rescuing trapped individuals.
Public fire safety education is crucial since it can help prevent injuries and deaths caused by fire events.
3 E’s of Fire Prevention
- Engineering-Fire prevention requires input from the engineering sector to ensure buildings are designed to keep them safe from fire.
- Enforcement ensures the fire codes are followed.
- Education is the most important fire prevention method that teaches people how to prevent fire and what to do in case of a fire incident.
Fire Safety Training personnel
- Training and education can be conducted by various sectors, including the government bodies in charge of fire prevention and response such as USFA, disaster management agencies like FEMA, and also volunteers who are competent in fire safety.
- There are four most common types of fires that the public need to understand since acknowledging them can help eliminate the risk of a fire starting. They include:
- Kitchen fires
- Smoking-caused fires
- Heater fires
- Electrical fires
- The National Fire Protection Association fire code provides that all commercial, residential, and industrial buildings should have fire safety equipment such as fire extinguishers and other equipment.
- There are five strategies for rolling out public education plan including;
- Conducting a risk assessment and analysis. –This identifies the fire safety problems and the characteristics of those at risk. It also involves identifying the available resources to protect the public from fires.
- Recruitment/Development of partners to address the risk and help spread the information on fire prevention.
- Procurement of fire prevention education materials
- Implementation of the education strategy and maximizing the use of social media.
- Evaluation of education strategy
Types of fires, their causes, and response
Fire Safety Equipment
Five-step Fire Education Planning