I wrote these words and i am looking to someone add more academy words. Also, some considerations which may serve as helpful jumping off points are below. The essay does not have to address everything I’ve listed here, rather you should take this as a few ideas I’m throwing out there to get the “wheels turning.” Ultimately, the essay should be about your personal graduate experience, and a reflection on your time at LTU CoAD.
– Consider the graduate experience not just about the courses you took but the entire experience – the culture, the people, extracurricular activities, events, lectures, etc. How do feel all of that shaped you as a student? As a future professional? You might point to examples within certain classes or experiences, but resist the urge to make the essay a summary of the courses you took.
– Remember the discussions that we’ve had about individual essays – focus on what was unique about the experience – both as a point in your life as a whole, as well as your place in LTU/CoAD. What was different than anything you’ve done before? Was there anything that was unique about your LTU experience compared to your fellow students?
– What do you think the most important things you learned? Stay away from hard skills (software, drawing) and focus on soft skills (communicating ideas, critical thinking, spatial reasoning, leadership, etc)
– Take a look back at what you’ve written about your courses for this portfolio. Is there a theme to the courses you chose, the learning objectives or outcomes, the lessons-learned or takeaways? Did you begin to develop certain interests or goals over the course of your experience? Again, you can point to specifics but stay away from making it about individual courses.
– Consider challenges you faced and how you overcame them.
– Consider your achievements. What are you most proud of?
– Were there any turning-point or “aha” moments in your courses that changed your perspective, your path, your understanding? What did/does that mean in the long-term?
– Consider what your expectations or goals were at the onset of this experience, how you achieved them, how they changed or evolved, and where you are now.
– Consider the future – the purpose of your time here is to set you up for the professional world. Do you feel that you’re prepared? What relevant (soft) skills do you think you have mastered? What are you looking forward to in terms of applying the things you’ve learned?
– What are your thoughts about architecture education, about LTU, about CoAD, about your place in all of those things?
– Finally – just as you would approach a design task – be creative, thoughtful, and compelling!
One thing to keep in mind that may help – don’t consider LTU CoAD as your audience for this essay. Rather, provide yourself a more compelling audience to inspire the writing. For example: think of the person who has been your biggest supporter – how would you describe your graduate design experience to them? Or maybe write it as a letter to your past self? Or your future self? Or a student considering starting graduate design at LTU? This might help make the essay more personal and also more interesting.
HERE WHAT I WROTE.
My objective is to update older
designs to offer an innovative, contemporary look that is affordable for all
I seek to fully utilize my design
experience, both by sharing my ideas and working with others to incorporate
theirs. I would like also to further advance my experience in the Interior
Design field and communications, especially Interior Design, Architecture
Design, and Graphic Design.
I stared my master degree in fall
2014 and I completed in fall 2016 at Lawrence Technological University in
Michigan in interior architecture. Also, I had two certificates in Sustainable
Architecture and Building Information Modeling and Computer Visualization.
Lawrence Technological University
ranked in the Top Tier of U.S. News’ America’s Best Colleges rankings for 2016.
Within its classification of Regional Universities-Midwest, Lawrence Tech ranks
54th of 112 colleges and universities listed, including ties. Lawrence Tech has
consistently ranked in the top tier of its category since the early 1990s. For
that I decided to get my master there.
As I am intentional student I has
a different experience beside to study experience. I met students from other
side and we share our experiences
I have two studios
are required one of them individual based on theory concept and other was group
team based on competition. Both of them taught me different knowledge. I had a
classes in research as well that allowed me always to think out of box. I chose
to take elective class in Principles of Management to know more about how to be
a good leadership and supervising. How to management and planning is the key to
I choice to be interior
architecture and design for several reason. Career opportunities in Design and
Architecture are growing again at a huge rate as the global economy recovers
from the recession with many companies looking for young talent to complete new
projects in Saudi Arabia and across the world. I should feel reassured that
there will be a variety of job opportunities out there for me once I will
All graduates at Lawrence
Technological University will have a solid skill base in the latest technology
communication programmers, such as Revit, 3D Computer-aided Design, AutoCAD4 as
well as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design.