this is a 2 part paper please read
MUST INCLUDE THIS BOOK’ LECTURE:
Hitt M.A., Ireland R.D. & Hoskisson R.E. (2016). Strategic Management: Concepts and Cases (12th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage. ISBN:9781305502147
THIS IS A 2 PART PAPER WITH SEPARATE APA GUIDELINES; AT LEAST 3 to 4 CITATIONS FOR EACH PAPER
Conduct outside research and prepare a 1 page (500) analysis of the following key strategic issues:
Evaluate whether the Fiat Auto acquisition of Chrysler represents a growth strategy.
· Analyze the external environment in which Fiat competes, including identification of the critical strategic factors in each of the following areas:
o The General Environment
o The Industry Environment
o The Competitor Environment
· Based on the analysis of Fiat’s external environment, what recommendations can you give Fiat’s management to improve and continue the company’s successful expansion of the Fiat vehicles into the United States market? Your recommendations should be an integrated and coordinated set of commitments and actions that will exploit the company’s core competencies, sustain growth, and ensure maximum performance and value for shareholders.
Alibaba is China’s—and by some measures, the world’s—biggest online commerce company. Its three main sites—Taobao, Tmall, and Alibaba.com—have hundreds of millions of users, and host millions of merchants and businesses. Alibaba handles more business than any other e-commerce company.
Begin your paper by briefly summarizing key details about the Alibaba organization, including its purpose and vision. Your summary should be clear enough that anyone could pick up your paper and get a basic understanding of the organization.
Next, analyze the strategic profile of Alibaba, including the following issues:
· Identify the business strategy Alibaba seems to be following internationally: multi-domestic, global, or transnational? Defend your choice with research, rationale, and appropriate examples.
· Assess the appropriateness of Alibaba’s strategy.
o Evaluate the rationale for developing international competitive capabilities.
o Distinguish among the alternative methods of international market entry that are available to Alibaba, including the strengths and weaknesses of each option. Assess whether Alibaba is utilizing the best method.
o Distinguish among the organizational structures used to implement the three-alternative international corporate strategies. Assess whether Alibaba’s choice of structure aligns with their chosen strategy.
Finally, summarize two or three important take-aways from your research into Alibaba. In essence, what did you learn and what strategic development and implementation lessons might you apply?
· Present your analysis as a 4–5-page report in a Microsoft Word document formatted in APA style.
· Support your responses with examples. Cite any sources in APA format.