Please, read carefully each topic and answer the topic individually with no plagiarism or from other sources such as course hero, etc. Thank you. Also, make sure to read “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks book” Citation is:
Skloot, R. (2011). The immortal life of Henrietta Lacks. New York: Broadway Paperbacks.
Due Thursday (20 pts)
Read “Thirteen Ways of Looking at Henrietta Lacks”from Perspectives in Biology and Medicine.
Write a 175- to 265-word response to the following:
- Select two points that the author makes that you may agree or disagree with and explain why.
During Skloot and Deborah’s meeting with Christoph Lengauer, Lengauer emphasizes the importance of Henrietta Lacks’s contribution to science and how she is remembered in the medical community. Langauer states, “Whenever we read books about science, it’s always HeLa this and HeLa that. Some people know those are the initials of a person, but they don’t know who that person is. That’s important history.”
Writea 525- to 700-word article that addresses the following:
- Evaluate whether the book effectively illustrates the significance of Henrietta Lacks’s life, her contributions to science, and their impact on her family. Answer the following questions in your evaluation:
- Are there problematic elements as to how Skloot portrays Lacks and her family?
- Do you agree with Lengauer’s quote that it is important to know about Henrietta Lacks? Why or why not?
- Explain how learning about Henrietta Lacks’s story helped you become a more ethical leader.
- Provide 2 to 3 examples of what medical professionals can do to prevent unethical practices.
Use3 examples from the book to support your response and cite the novel.
Publishthe article on your own social media account (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.), or post it on a health care message board of your choice.
Includea citation of your article in your assignment.
Read Maryland Health Care Provider Sentenced to 10 years in Federal Prison for Health Care Fraud Resulting in Patient Deathsfrom the United States Attorney’s Office.
Use the 5 Whys to conduct a root cause analysis to determine why the Medicare fraud occurred and Timothy Emeigh’s participation in the case.
Write a 525- to 700-word paper that identifies and evaluatesthe root cause for Medicare fraud in this case.
- List each of the 5 Whys and your response.
- Speculate as to why Mr. Emeigh participated in the scheme.
- Explain what you might have done to prevent this from happening.
Cite3 reputable references to support your assignment (e.g., trade or industry publications, government or agency websites, scholarly works, or other sources of similar quality).
Formatyour assignment according to APA guidelines.
PLEASE MAKE THE TOPICS SEPARATELY IN EACH PAGE