Choose 10-12 questions for the interview. Choose a parent who has raised children and who has experienced parenthood at least through the teen years. Do not choose your parent.
Education for Parenthood
- Introduction of Parent
- Parent Interview— Give questions and answers—Sample Questions
- What are your viewpoints on spanking and punishment? What age is appropriate for spanking?
- If you child was to use profanity what action would you take?
- What type of media would you allow your child to be exposed to?
- How would you address your children on peer pressure?
- How would you react to your child concerning teenage pregnancy?
- What values would you like to instill in your children?
- How would you react if your child were to say they were homosexual?
- How do you monitor your child’s video games?
- How has religion influenced your parenting?
- How did you talk to your children about discrimination?
- How did you talk to your child about sex? At what age did you start talking to them about sex?
- What is the difference in the methods you used in raising your children and the way you were raised?
- How involved were you in your child’s education?
- Could you have used a parenting education course when you were raising your children? Explain
- What kind of relationship do you have with your children?
- Were you able to avoid favoritism in raising your children? If so How? If not what were the circumstances?
- What advice would you give young parents today?
- What did you do for family time or recreation with the children?
- If you had it to do over again would you have children?
- What has been the hardest obstacle you have faced as a parent?
- Do you think that society has too much influence on how children are being raised?
- How do you feel about prayer being taken out of school?
- What have you learned about being a parent?
- Are your parenting skills different from your own children vs. your stepchildren? Explain
- What are the advantages & disadvantages of being a single parent?
- What are your views on male and female gender roles?
- How did the relationship with your parents affect your parenting?
III. Reaction to Interview— Express what you learned from the interview. Needs to be a minimum of 400 words