Team Film Critique (NOT the miracle)
Analyzing the development of a team in film using Tuckman’s stages of development model.
Tuckman’s Stages of Group Development:
Forming Storming Norming Performing Adjourning
Select a movie exemplifying a team. Analyze and critique the team in the film according to Tuckman’s stages of group development. Identify an example of each stage of group development.
Specifics to watch for:
- Specific scenes in which each stage is taking place
- What behaviors/strategies indicate the development stage of the team
- Any instances when the team regresses or breaks from the model
- The review should be approximately 2-3 pages.
- Introduction explaining the stages of group development and the intent of the paper to illustrate those using examples from the film of your choice.
- Description of each stage and Specific examples of each stage from the movie (If two stages are completed in one scene be sure to clarify that in your explanation)
- A concluding paragraph with your opinion of whether or not the team followed Tuckman’s stages or if another group development theory is more appropriate
- Double-spaced, 12 point font (Arial or Times New Roman), one- inch margins
- Use proper grammar and punctuation