There are 3 parts! Assignment 1:
- What are the purposes and goals of multicultural care and education?
- What strategies have you learned that you can use to bring a multicultural approach to the services you provide?
- How might you build ongoing assessment of the physical environment, activities, and interactions with children and families?
- How might you take action to assess and then improve the culture of the school or program in which you work or would like to work?
Assignment 2: Read the article, â€œPromoting Diversity in Early Childhood Education,â€ and write an essay (1800 words) that addresses the topics below. Be sure to completely answer all requirements in each prompt. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which item you are addressing. Make sure to reference three (3) citations using the APA writing style for each reference. Include a cover page and a reference page, which do not count towards the minimal word amount.Summarize the article.Reflect on the information and include your personal opinion on whether you agree or disagree with the ideas presented. Support your opinion with additional research.Do you feel this article fairly addresses the pros and cons of working towards a diversified classroom (what are the economical implications of the endeavor, etc)?Provide an overall analysis of the ideas presented in the article. Assignment 3: Your final assignment helps to integrate all that you have learned over the course. Your future role as a leader will benefit from this exercise by applying your new knowledge to the real world. Answer each prompt using at least 350 words.
- Develop a list of five criteria for a CEO assuming that he or she has effective diversity management and inclusion as a strategic goal. Now that this course is coming to a close, select any one of the managers in a case from this text . Evaluate this manager on your established criteria for diversity. Based on your evaluation, give this person a grade ranging from A to F for his or her diversity.
- In terms of the change model (unfreezing, change, and refreezing) what internal and external forces might resist each of the following: instituting mandatory diversity training for all employees, appointing a chief diversity officer, initiating applications for diversity awards, or establishing a phased retirement program?
- Assume that you are a mentor to an employee who came from a low-class background. She is bright and has career potential. However, you recognize that some elements of her behavior such as the way she speaks, her dress, her manners, and her communication patterns will prevent her from advancing to the next level in your organization. How could you help her?