Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper analyzing how crime is defined based on three prominent views in term of criminal behavior. Provide an explanation of the occurrence of crime by outlining the main assumptions of the consensus view, conflict view and interactionist view. In your paper, be sure to include the following:
- What are the current trends in the crime rate?
- What social and environmental factors do you believe influence the crime rate?
- Identify any other factors you think may contribute to criminal behavior and the crime rate.
- Explain how you would investigate the occurrence of crime through research and theory development.
- Describe the various sources of crime data along with the advantages and disadvantages to collecting data from each source.
- Briefly explain the importance of crime research in the development of recidivism reduction strategies or crime prevention policies.
Include at least two peer reviewed references.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Include a title page. page headers and numbers, headings. intext citations, reference page, conclusion, proper grammar and spelling! no plagiarism