Skills Builder #1 of 4: Locating Relevant Research:
Locating relevant research is a critical part of this course and a skill you will use throughout your graduate work.
Using the library research databases, or valuable internet research database locate two peer-reviewed, research articles; one that is an example of qualitative research and one that is an example of experimental research. The articles should focus on issues / research related to human services. The research should have been conducted in the U.S. and after the year 2002.
For this Skill Building Assignment:
- Cite each article in APA format and provide a sufficient explanation to demonstrate that the research is qualitative or quantitative.
- The explanation should include the purpose and methods that distinguish it as qualitative or quantitative research.
- Write just one paragraph for each explanation.
- Submit by Sunday 11:59PM EST Week 1
Resources for Assessment:
- What is a Peer Reviewed Journal Article?: (Links to an external site.) Here is a quick Q&A from our own Library Staff.
- Finding Research Articles: (Links to an external site.)This video clip reviews procedures for identifying experimental research when searching the library database
- WilmU Library Database Tutorials (Links to an external site.)– These tutorials will provide you with searching strategies when searching for articles using the library databases.