Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 8 and 9 in the textbook, The SDLC is *Not* a Project Management Methodology (Links to an external site.) article, and the Week Four Lecture in the left navigation.
- As part of your IT Proposal final assignment, you will evaluate the systems development life cycle (SDLC) as it relates to your proposed information system solution. You will be revising this diagram to be included in your IT Proposal. Review the instructions provided in the Week Six IT Proposal to begin thinking about how your proposal will address this topic.
- For this assignment, you will evaluate the systems development life cycle (SDLC) methodology by creating a diagram for an information system. Carefully review the and formulate a solution for the problem presented in the scenario. Your paper must include the following elements.
- Create a diagram of the systems development life cycle (SDLC) for your solution.
- Provide a graphical representation of the SDLC you will use to implement your solution.
- Identify the elements you will need in order to create your solution and include them in each of the appropriate phases of your diagram.
- Explain how each of the solution elements you’ve identified fit in the lifecycle phases you have depicted in your diagram. Include citations from the text to support your position.
The SDLC Diagram
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages (600-900 words) in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two credible sources including the course text.
- Access the MISM Credible Resource Guide (Links to an external site.) for assistance with finding appropriate credible professional resources. You may also see the Ashford Library’s for additional information.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.