Submit: Annotation of a Quantitative Research Article
You will submit the annotation of a quantitative research article.
- Annotate one quantitative research article from a peer-reviewed journal on a topic of your interest.
- Provide the reference list entry for this article in APA Style followed by a three-paragraph annotation that includes:
- Format your annotation in Times New Roman, 12-point font, double-spaced. A separate References list page is not needed for this assignment.
- Course Text: Babbie, E. (2016) Basics of social research (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 3, “The Ethics and Politics of Social Research”
- Course Text: Burkholder, G. J., Cox, K. A., & Crawford, L. M. (2016). The scholar-practitioner’s guide to research design. Baltimore, MD: Laureate Publishing.
- Chapter 7, “Quality Considerations”
- Handout: Threats to Internal Validity (PDF)
- Website: Walden University: Center for Research Quality. (2015b). Research ethics & compliance: Application & general materials. Retrieved fromhttp://academicguides.waldenu.edu/researchcenter/orec/application
Download the “Research Ethics Planning Worksheet” document.
- Website: Walden University: Center for Research Quality. (2015c). Research resources: Research planning & writing. Retrieved fromhttp://academicguides.waldenu.edu/researchcenter/resources/planning
Download the “Litmus Test” document.
- Website: Walden University. (2015a). How do I find an article that reports on research that uses a specific methodology? Retrieved from http://academicanswers.waldenu.edu/faq/72633
- Website: Walden University Writing Center. (2015). Common course assignments: Annotated bibliographies. Retrieved fromhttp://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/assignments/annotatedbibliographies
- Endicott, L. (n.d.). IRB ethics review at Walden [Online tutorial]. Retrieved December 30, 2015, fromhttps://crq.adobeconnect.com/irb/
- Price, S. (2015). Annotated bibliographies [Online webinar]. Retrieved fromhttps://waldencss.adobeconnect.com/p7d6uqxv8g3?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&pbMode=normal