1- Select a topic that you might want to use for a term paper.
- Using your favorite search engine, search for information on this topic. If you don’t have a favorite, Google is a good choice.
- Select one of the results and take some notes on the content.
- Save a screen shot of this website and paste it into a new Word document. The screen shot should show the top of your screen.
- Below the screen shot, type in the name of your topic as the title.
- Below the title, in one or two paragraphs, describe the information that you found.
2- Pretend that you are a travel consultant for The International Travel Company located in Denver, Colorado. You will be creating documents pertaining to a travel package to be presented in March or October. Decide on a travel destination. It should be city but can be anywhere in the world. The more exotic, the better! Once you have selected your destination, use the internet, electronic databases, and/or print resources, to gather the information listed below:
- Average temperatures for the months of March and October.
- A hotel with a short description.
- Two tourist spots or points of interest for a vacationer and short descriptions of each.
- A restaurant for fine dining and a short description of the menu items.
- An “exciting fact” about your destination.
- Once you have selected a topic for your travel project, run a WWW search on it and select a website that gives you good information on your topic. Take a screen shot of the site itself. Paste that screen shot into a Word document.
- Under the screen shot, explain how this will help you to complete your project.