Art/Work – Revised & Updated: Everything You Need to Know (and Do) As You Pursue Your Art Career – Read Chapter 1, The Big Picture, pgs. 1- 9
Living and Sustaining a Creative Life: Essays by 40 Working Artists – Read Preface & Introduction, pgs 9 – 13
Make sure to directly discuss both readings in your reply, so we know that you actually read them before writing your response.
1. What is your general impression of the assigned reading? Did you like the readings, dislike them, or somewhere in between? Did you find one reading more helpful than the other? Please explain.
2. Were there ideas in the books that were new or especially helpful to you?
3. Were there ideas presented in the books that confirmed how you already feel about your art practice (regardless of what type of artist or creative person you plan to be)?
4. Did you disagree, or even strongly disagree with any of the ideas presented in the reading?
5. What do you think is the overall point of this reading?