Imagine a small manufacturing company that is shifting its direction in light of changes in the competitive environment in which it operates. Training will be deployed to ensure employees have required skills that align with the new strategic direction. Change management is critical to ensure organizational alignment. However, the company has experienced two-fold resistance to the new direction. First, employees are unclear on the need for change; second, the training department has shown resistance to using organizational development skills to resolve employee resistance issues.
Create a report that summarizes the training program development process.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word report that includes the following components:
- Strategies for aligning training with strategic direction
- Process to align training with business strategies
- Organizational development (OD) definition
- Steps involved in change management
- OD skills required to be effective in training program development and delivery
- Legal considerations in training development
Cite any outside sources according to APA formatting guidelines.