Get perfect grades by consistently using www.assignmentgeeks.org. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
This week, you will write a draft of your Final Paper, which is a letter of advice. This should be no more than five pages. Before you submit the paper, you must do the following:
- Take the Week 3 Final Paper Draft Training and Quiz.
- Carefully review the grading rubric (Links to an external site.) to see how you will be assessed.
- Use this final draft template to ensure you cover all requirements.
- Read the Sample Week 3 Paper.
In an effort to ensure you are on the right track for the Final Paper, you will be required to create a first draft of your Final Paper. Here is the final draft template you must use. Please note that this paper should be no more than five pages in length. This does not include the one page for the title and one page for the references. Through completing all of the sections on that template, you will create an introduction with a thesis, a conclusion, and address the following learning objectives:
- Explain the principles of, and barriers to, effective interpersonal communication. You must include explanations of the two principles and their significance. You must also explain at least two barriers to communication and how to overcome them. It is highly recommended that you use an example to think through at least one principle and barrier.
- Analyze the role of communication in developing and maintaining one’s self-concept, self-image, and self-esteem. Be sure to define each term and directly connect each to communication. The best papers will address the links between psychology and communication and the importance of their relationship. You want to explain how ideas of the self-influence how we communication and how our communication exchanges shape how we think conceptualize ourselves.
- Differentiate appropriate levels of self-disclosure (and emotional intelligence – optional) in various relationships. Covering emotional intelligence is optional. Covering self-disclosure is required. To have a conversation about differentiation, you must first define “self-disclosure.” You have not read the section on emotional intelligence yet, so you are only required to define “self-disclosure.” However, if you want feedback on your coverage of emotional intelligence, go ahead and try to discuss it by reading Chapter 8, section 8.2 in Bevan and Sole. Also, to get to the heart of assessing “appropriateness,” explain the importance of disclosure in various contexts. Explain how it can be beneficial and harmful. If you’d like an additional resource to think through this theme, watch the following video on online self-disclosure and think through the idea of “connecting” with others while being alone: Sherry Turkle: Connected, but alone? (Links to an external site.). You can use this as one of the three required course resources. Please Note: If you want feedback on your coverage of emotional intelligence, go ahead and try to discuss it by reading Chapter 8, section 8.2 in Bevan and Sole.
- Analyze the impact of gender and culture on interpersonal communications. Explain the relationship between gender, culture, and communication, and how acknowledging these elements is central to becoming an effective communicator. Consider the pros and cons of what are often deemed more “masculine” versus “feminine” forms of communication and how various styles can help us in particular contexts. Explain how culture (as transmitted through communication) trains us about gender norms and how these are potentially linked to how we communicate. And, please review the Week 1 and 2 guidance, as they offer many resources to help you think about culture, gender, and communication.
Notice that you have already covered three of these objectives in other areas of the class. For those sections, please use the work you’ve already created on these topics, in your discussion post or papers and build from there. Take what your instructors have told you about your coverage of those themes and make some adjustments for improvement. For instance, if you were told that you needed to use course material, be sure that you incorporate Bevan and Sole and include full APA citations. Most of the work is going to be developing your section on differentiating appropriate levels of self-disclosure and (if you choose) explaining the role of emotional intelligence in various relationships.
Given that this is a preliminary “draft” of your Final Paper, we strongly advise that you review the Final Paper instructions in Week Five. You will see that you will be writing a letter of advice for a couple or group of co-workers, using the first five course learning objectives of this course.
The Final Paper Draft must contain
- An introduction with a thesis statement. For help with the thesis statement and introduction, please visit the following links:
- Sections on all three learning objectives. Please be sure to support all of your key claims from expert sources. For more information about how to do this, watch the following video: Integrating Research (Links to an external site.). You still must give your instructor a sense of how you plan to cover each objective with course materials, independent academic research, and personal experiences that correlate with your key claims.
- A conclusion. The conclusion should restate the overall perspective offered in the paper, with a restatement of the thesis and the central points outlined in the paper.
- A reference page containing at least three academic resources. You should find at least two of these resources independently in the Ashford University Library. To get started, review the following resource: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.). And if you need further assistance, please contact the Ashford University Library.
Remember, you will need to cite your sources in order to get credit for the use of course and academic materials, which is part of how you will be assessed. Please carefully review the grading rubric so you have a clear sense of how you will be graded. If you are having difficulties understanding any of these instructions, contact your instructor. You will receive feedback on this draft so that you can make the necessary improvements for your Final Paper submission during Week 5.
Need more help?
In this class, you have three tutoring services available: Paper Review, Live Chat, and Tutor E-mail. Click on the Writing Center & Library tab in the left-navigation menu, in your online course, to learn more about these tutoring options and how to get help with your writin
"Is this question part of your assignment? We can help"ORDER NOW
Need help with an assignment? We work for the best interests of our clients. We maintain professionalism and offer brilliant writing services in most of the fields ranging from nursing, philosophy, psychology, biology, finance, accounting, criminal justice, mathematics, computer science, among others. We offer CONFIDENTIAL, ORIGINAL (Turnitin & SafeAssign checks), and PRIVATE services using the latest (within 5 years) peer-reviewed articles. Kindly click on ORDER NOW to receive an A++ paper from our masters- and doctorate-prepared writers. Thank you in advance!
Get a 15% discount on your order using the following coupon code SAVE15
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper