describing how the various OSsâ€”Linux, Windows Server, Solaris, or Mac OS X Serverâ€”manage inter-process communication.
In your response, also include answers to the following questions:
- Which OS uses the best technique to manage IPC? Why?
- Do all the OSs provide support for multiprocessing?
- Which OS, in your opinion, manages multiprocessing in the most efficient manner?
- What, according to you, is a better model for OSsâ€”a process approach or a thread approach?
- Do you think that distributed OSs use a process-communication technique different from that used by desktop OSs? Support your answer with examples.
- What are the features and limitations of the CISC and RISC architectures?
- Which architecture, do you think, is appropriate for a server that supports high volumes of transactions and concurrent connections? Support your answer with reasons.