privacy in the tech age 1
Get perfect grades by consistently using www.assignmentgeeks.org. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Assignment 1: Privacy in the tech age
Program-Level Objectives met with this assignment:
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Personal Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
Course-Level Objectives met with this assignment:
- Explain the origin and development of constitutional democracy in the United States.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the federal system.
- Describe separation of powers and checks and balances in both theory and practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legislative, executive, and judicial branches of the federal government.
- Evaluate the role of public opinion, interest groups, and political parties in the political system.
- Describe the rights and responsibilities of citizens
- Analyze issues and policies in U.S. politics
SLO #1: Privacy in the tech age. 70% of students will successfully analyze privacy issue as it pertains to increasing technological advances. Specifically, we are going to research and then evaluate how these tech advances can potentially infringe upon the 4th Amendment, our perceived civil liberties and rights, and how the federal and state governments are responding with legislation and court decisions. [SLO #1 fulfills the following Program Level Outcomes: Communication, Critical Thinking, Social and Personal Responsibility, as well as the following Course Level Outcomes: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8]
Activity for Assessment:
For this assignment, you are going to take a look at the various technological advances that can make our lives and the job of the police easier, but can have the potential to infringe upon privacy and 4th Amendment rights. The topics listed below are ones you will need to research. I have provided some required reading for each topic, but you are free to continue researching online. Once fully researched, answer the questions.
- Start with understanding the 4th Amendment and the right to privacy at the following link: https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/amendments/amendment-iv
- Face recognition programs ( https://www.aclu.org/blog/privacy-technology/surveillance-technologies/federal-court-sounds-alarm-privacy-harms-face )
- Cell-site records https://www.govtech.com/US-Supreme-Court-to-Decide-Key-Cell-Tower-Siting-Case.html
- A potential Federal Data Privacy Law https://blog.malwarebytes.com/security-world/privacy-security-world/2019/03/what-congress-means-when-it-talks-about-data-privacy-legislation/
- Alexa and Google Home devices ( https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/mar/26/smart-talking-are-our-devices-threatening-our-privacy )
- Smart TV’s ( https://us.norton.com/internetsecurity-iot-smart-tvs-and-risk.html )
- What rights are provided by the 4th Amendment, and what role does privacy play?
- How has technology changed the way we look at the right to privacy? How has technology changed the way the police and government operate?
- Explain each of the topics you researched and how privacy is potentially exploited by these advances. (you will need to cover each of the above-mentioned and researched topics)
- What, if anything, has been the government (federal and state) and the courts response to the topics stated above?
- Over all, as the sales of smart home products, devices with advanced recognition software, etc. continue to climb, do you see a point of the federal government and more states stepping in for tighter regulations? Do you see consumers buying less of these devices out of privacy concerns?
- Before you researched this topic, what was your opinion of privacy in the tech age? Has it changed and will you do anything differently based on the research?
This assignment must follow MLA guidelines, be typed in Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, and be a minimum of 800 words with a works cited page. The works cited are not included in the minimum word count. Any sources provided in the assignment prompt MUST be used within your paper and cited in your works cited. Other sources used must be cited as well.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We can help"ORDER NOW
Need help with an assignment? We work for the best interests of our clients. We maintain professionalism and offer brilliant writing services in most of the fields ranging from nursing, philosophy, psychology, biology, finance, accounting, criminal justice, mathematics, computer science, among others. We offer CONFIDENTIAL, ORIGINAL (Turnitin & SafeAssign checks), and PRIVATE services using the latest (within 5 years) peer-reviewed articles. Kindly click on ORDER NOW to receive an A++ paper from our masters- and doctorate-prepared writers. Thank you in advance!
Get a 15% discount on your order using the following coupon code SAVE15
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper