Assignment: Current Healthcare Provider Integration into Clinical Decision Making
Analyze emerging clinical patterns and problems within a practice setting, health care organization, or community.
The purpose of this assignment is to analyze current and emerging clinical patterns and problems in a practice setting, health care organization, or community. Focus particularly on areas that are relevant to the project of improving discharge procedures in the emergency department. Consider looking at modern trends in healthcare that are relevant to your area of practice (emergency department), such as Accountable Care Organizations, large hospital systems, and private insurance coverage by self-funded employers.
Investigate and briefly discuss current and emerging trends such as accountable care organizations (ACOs), the development of large hospital health systems, and the continuation of private insurance coverage by self-funded employers. Select two of the six specific trends listed below and develop an in-depth analysis of the selected trends. Identify how these trends influence clinical decision making in your area of nursing practice in emergency department. Are these selected trends relevant to your DNP project (improving Discharge Procedures in the ED to reduce unnecessary visits) and DNP practice site (emergency department)? Why or why not?
1. Patients becoming more informed consumers
2. Growth of structured quality measures
3. Revenue-driving consolidation
4. New and alternative provider payment models
5. Specialty drug use driving the cost of care
6. Information technology innovations driving stakeholder communications.
For this paper post you will create a document that:
- is 6 pages in length (excluding title page and references);
- is supported with a minimum of 6 scholarly, peer review sources external to those assigned for this unit;
- follows the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- is well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- displays superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- uses APA 6th edition style and format.
PLEASE FOLLOW GRADING RUBRIC ATTACHED