1. Demonstrate an understanding of how global competitive environments are changing supply chain management and logistics practice.
2. Apply essential elements of core logistic and supply chain management principles.
3.Analyze and identify challenges and issues pertaining to logistical processes.
This assignment is an individual assignment.
In todayâ€™s highly competitive, extremely variable and really dynamic environment, many firms are seeking solutions. Supply chain management becomes more sophisticated and the difference between what firms want to achieve and what they can do in-house continues to grow, firms begin to realize that doing the right thing becomes more interesting than doing everything. Accordingly, they are becoming better focused and more specialized by outsourcing and offshoring activities that are far from their core businesses. In many cases firms decide to outsource this function in whole or in part to agents or third party logistics firms.
Using this concept of offshoring and outsourcing answer the following questions by taking any Saudi Local company or any Multinational company.
- What are Third party logistics firms?
- Explain the motivational factors for going internationally?
- On what ground companies choose developing countries location for offshoring? Use examples. (Mention the country and decisive factors)
- Assess the reasons for using third party logistics service in Saudi Arabia? Using examples, Explain
The Answer should be 3- 4 pages in length including the cover page and reference.
The Answer must follow the Key word/ outline points below:
- Outsourcing ,offshoring ,Third Party logistics
- Their Main functions
- Motivational Factors /Drivers
- Any local example
- Reasons with suitable Examples
Note: You can support your answer by reading chapter 4 of your book.
You can use secondary source available on internet. Please use APA-style referencing.