This is a graded discussion: 50 points possible
This week’s graded discussion topic relates to the following Course Outcome (CO).
- CO 7: Apply leadership concepts in the development and initiation of effective plans for the microsystems and system-wide practice improvements that will improve the quality of healthcare delivery. (PO 2 and 3)
Review Appendix A, Sections Iâ€“V in Finkelman (2016).
- Select one of the sections and share how your chief nurse executive demonstrates expertise in these competencies. Your comments should be about the â€œhighest nursing leaderâ€ in your organization. Typically this is the leader who represents nurses and nursing to the governing board.
- In your own words, explain the differences between a transactional nursing leader and a transformational nursing leader. What one is more like your Nurse Executive?
- Describe how the Nurse Executive â€œleads the chargeâ€ for transformational leadership in an organization where you work or have done prelicensure clinical experiences.
To view the grading criteria/rubric, please click on the 3 dots in the box at the end of the solid gray bar above the discussion board title and then Show Rubric
Week 4: Assigned Readings
- Due Sunday by 11:59pm
- Points None
Finkelman, A. (2016). Leadership and management for nurses: Core competencies for quality care (3rd ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Chapter 16: Evidence-based Practice and Management
- Appendix A: Nurse Executive Competencies
NOTE: All items on this page are considered Assigned Readings for the week and may not be used for Scholarly Outside Sources in Discussions. For scholarly outside sources, please explore the Chamberlain Library or Webliography.