In this assignment you will critically review one (1) recent peer-reviewed article on the topic of mentally-ill offenders in a minimum of a five (5) pages. You may wish to spend some time researching critical review techniques for journal articles prior to starting this assignment. At a minimum, you should pay particular attention to the identification the premise and supporting points of the article, a synthesis of the article with positivist school of criminology theories, and a critical evaluation of the premise(s) and supporting points of the article. The paper must follow current APA guidelines. The page count does not include the title page, abstract, reference section, or any extra material. See the assignment instructions and grading rubric for additional instructions and guidance..
The purpose of this assignment is to get you thinking about the nature of human behavior, specifically the deviant side of human behavior.
After a coversheet, you will write a 5-6 page essay on the sin nature. You should discuss all of the following in your paper:
- describe the sin nature
- describe how we get the sin nature
- describe how we overcome the sin nature
- describe the effects of the sin nature
- describe how the sin nature plays or does not play a role in criminal behavior
You MUST include or discuss the following items:
- Scripture MUST be used heavily through the paper to support your claims!
- The question that should be answered clearly in your paper is:
- â€œTo what extent does the sin nature explain criminal activity?â€
Since the only citations you will be using are Scripture, no reference page is required. However, you are still required to cite the Bible in-text!!! Consult APA manual for details on how to do that!
Your paper use current APA format in the following items: running head, page numbers, title page, spacing, indentions, margins, and headings.