Assignment 5: International Marketing Plan
Imagine that you are a senior manager for one of the following companies:
- Burger King
- General Mills
Create a market entry strategy along with a staffing plan to expand into one of the following markets:
Research the countryâ€™s infrastructure and develop a competitive market entry strategy. Familiarize yourself with the available labor supply, local customs that would affect your productâ€™s niche, and effective marketing strategies. Your audience for this presentation will be the top management of your company.
Create 15-20 PowerPoint Slides with Notes Pages in which you:
- Determine how, if possible, international trade-related organizations can assist this expansion effort in the country of choice. If international trade-related organizations will not be helpful, justify this situation.
- Formulate a competitive market entry strategy and align it with the dynamics of the foreign market.
- Recommend appropriate marketing best practices to your top management to successfully enter this market.
- Develop an initial staffing strategy that takes into consideration the local labor market.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Assess the impact of international trade-related organizations, multinational trade agreements, and national trade policy on global business operations.
- Formulate competitive market entry strategies that leverage the advantages of international operations.
- Adapt corporate marketing strategies to fit the dynamics of foreign markets.
- Formulate effective HRM strategies to support the international business operations and accommodate local labor market issues.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in international business strategy.
- Write clearly and concisely about international business strategy using proper writing mechanics.