You are the new chief information officer for ACME Widgets. The president of the company recently asked you what you think the future of information technology will be. After a lengthy discussion, he further challenged you to write a position paper that will help direct the companyâ€™s allocation of resources based on your understanding of the future and potential paradigm shifts.
Write a five to eight (5-8) page paper in which you:
- Identify and describe a future information technology that you believe will create a paradigm shift.
- Identify and describe the domain in which the shift will occur.
- Explain the technology, how it works, and how it is different from what we have today.
- Give at least five (5) reasons why the technology will create a shift.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Illustrate the use of information and communication technologies to solve problems as an information technology professional.
- Demonstrate why adaptability and interpersonal skills are important to an information technology professional.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in Information Technology.
- Write clearly and concisely about introductory information technology topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.