Case Study 3: Minnesota Detectives Crack the Case with Digital Forensics
Go to the Government Technology website to read the article titled “Minnesota Detectives Crack the Case with Digital Forensics” dated October 8, 2014, located at http://www.govtech.com/public-safety/Minnesota-Det….
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Provide a brief summary on the case involving the two (2) Andover teens.
- Explain, from a forensics perspective, the digital evidence found on the mobile devices that helped lead to the perpetrator’s capture and the girls’ rescue.
- Describe the basic components of the Anoka County Sheriff’s Office digital forensics lab and staff, and consider whether or not you would implement improvements in any areas based on the growing need.
- Determine whether or not you believe the notion that an officer or investigator’s first questions at the scene should be, “Where’s the phone? Can we get access to the phone?” Provide a rationale for your determination.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.