Topic: Software Postmortem
I am open as to which failed software project: Mariner Bugs Out (1962), Hartford Coliseum Collapse (1978), CIA Gives the Soviets Gas (1982), Top software failures 2015: Glitch releases US prisoners early, etc…
Select a failed software project and run a postmortem analysis on it. You may choose one discussed in class or research one yourself. In your analysis, identify the following:
- What was the purpose of the software?
- How did it fail? What was the severity of failure?
- What reasons led to failure?
- What stakeholders were affected?
- What restrictions (if any) were imposed?
- Was the company able to overcome the disaster?
- How could failure have been avoided?
- What should have been done differently?
Each technical essay should be four to five pages in length, double-spaced. At least two sources must come from peer-reviewed journal articles. Please use APA formatting to cite all of your sources.