HoneyBOT® is a simple honeypot for beginners to use. Honeypots can give you a good idea of how many people are probing your machine for weaknesses. Without a honeypot, you may not be able to tell if anyone is scanning your machine.
answer the following questions:
- What impact would more open ports have on the ability of your honeypot to attract hackers?
- Can hackers tell that you have a honeypot running?
- Do they have honeypots for spammers to keep them from harvesting emails from your webpages?
- Do you think law enforcement agencies (e.g., CIA, FBI, NSA, etc.) in the United States run honeypots to track criminal behavior?
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be three to four pages in length
- Contain an illustrative table or a diagram created from properly cited external references
- Include two credible external references in addition to the textbook
- Formatted according to APA writing guidelines.