Directions: Answer the following questions. Research the Hazard Mitigation Plan for a city or county near you. Use this plan to identify a high-risk hazard, and explain what is being proposed to address this risk. Answer the following questions. Be sure to cite any sources you use. Please visit the Academic Resource Center for concise guidelines on APA format.
- List the high risk priority hazards and identify which hazard you are investigating.
- What are the mitigation options presented in the plan?
- What are the costs and/or benefits that are associated with the mitigation measure(s) presented?
- To what degree will the mitigation measure(s) reduce the hazard?
- To what extent do the mitigation tools and measure(s) correlate to those presented in your text?
Directions: Based on your review of the article â€œNatural Disasters: Prepare, Mitigate, Manageâ€ (see link at the end of the Lecture Notes) write a summary report on specific steps that can be taken to mitigate damage suffered from natural disasters. Please ensure that your report is at least 1.5 pages in length, using 12-point font and double spacing. Be sure to cite any sources you use. Please visit the Academic Resource Center for concise guidelines on APA format.