2. Each answer should be complete and respond to all facets of the question. Each answer shall be no longer than 2 pages, single spaced, 12 pt. font, with 1 inch margins. State your assumptions if needed. Each question should have a minimum of 2 in-text citations.
3. The answers must be in your own words. Do not include any quoted material. Do not copy and paste.
4. Do not submit to turnitin.
5. The deliverable must be APA compliant and include at least two references for each question. Place your reference list at the end of each question.
1. You have just been hired to work in a brand new family-owned and family-run beauty supply business in College Park, Maryland. You know the value of information systems and want to convince the owner (who knows only how to manage a beauty supply) that can help the business. List at least four specific strategies (not technologies) involving the business use of information systems so that the business may gain a competitive edge. Also, for each strategy, give an illustrative IT example that can apply to the beauty supply business.
2. Identify and describe four technologies developed and/or advanced by Google and explain how it impacts society positively and negatively. At least one must be related to networks and at least one should be related to mobile technology. Identify which technology is related to networks and which one is related to mobile technology.
3. When making decisions about how to acquire hardware, software, or any other components of the IT Infrastructure, consideration is given to the following four characteristics of an IT infrastructure:
Evaluate cloud computing in relation to each of these four criteria.
4. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) consists of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Federal Emergency Management Agency, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Transportation Security Administration, United States Coast Guard and the United States Secret Service.
The DHS strategic plan states: “The Department of Homeland Security’s overriding and urgent mission is to lead the unified national effort to secure the country and preserve our freedoms. While the Department was created to secure our country against those who seek to disrupt the American way of life, our charter also includes preparation for and response to all hazards and disasters.”
Explain both data warehouses and data mining and describe how they could be used in DHS.
5. Describe how social media can be used positively and negatively in: (1) a large government agency, and (2) a multinational food company. Explain the concerns association with the negative use of social media in these environments.