Read the following articles:
- “Agencies Need to Improve the Implementation and Use of Earned Value Techniques to Help Manage Major System Acquisitions”.
- “Earned Value Management at NASA: An Integrated, Lightweight Solution”.
- “Integrating functional metrics, COCOMO II and earned value analysis for software projects using PMBoK”. SAC ’08: Proceedings of the 2008 ACM symposium on Applied computing, pages 820-825. Note: This article can be found in the ACM Digital Library
Please follow the steps below to access ACM Digital Library:
- Login to iCampus at https://icampus.strayer.edu/login:
- From iCampus:
- Click STUDENT SERVICES >> Learning Resources Center >> Databases
- Scroll down to “Information Systems/Computing”
- The ACM Digital Library is below the heading.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- List the types of investments that may be at risk from the articles provided. Evaluate the importance of providing effective measures, as described in Table 7.1 in Chapter 7 of the text, for monitoring and controlling project deliverables.
- Explain the importance of having accurate data for performing earned value management, based on the articles provided. Provide examples on how accurate and consistent data is related to risk management and decision making within project management.
- Suggest at least two (2) best practices mentioned in the articles that should be observed for monitoring and controlling projects effectively. Determine the potential risks that are mitigated by implementing these practices.
- Describe how a template for reporting defects, shown in Table 7.19 in Chapter 7 of the text, may help project managers determine the root causes of project deliverables.
- Summarize the lessons learned that can be derived from earned value management reporting and describe how these could be applied in future projects.
- Determine the factors that contribute to implementing effective earned value management practices. Choose the single most important factor and provide an example to justify its importance in implementing earned values management.
Use this template APA_Template_With_Advice_(6th_Ed) .doc