Discussion Questions 534
Week 6 Discussion 1
“Firewall Basics” Please respond to the following:
- A common concern with using firewalls is that they will slow communications. If a firewall is installed properly it should not have any delay in communications and should operate at the network speed. Examine and explain two or more techniques that can be used to improve a firewall’s performance. If only one of these methods could be used which one would you recommend. Provide a rationale for your response.
Week 6 Discussion 2
“Firewall Security Strategies” Please respond to the following:
- Examine and explain four security strategies used for firewalls. Explain the two that you would highly recommend being implemented. Provide a rationale for your response. Bottom of Form
Week 7 Discussion 1
“Firewall Management” Please respond to the following:
- There are many recommendations, guidelines, and best practices for firewall management. List and explain five of these guidelines or practices. Select two of best practices that you feel are more important than the others. Provide rationale for your response.
Week 7 Discussion 2
“Using Firewalls” Please respond to the following:
- Some argue that operating systems host firewall software may offer sufficient security for some. Therefore, it is suggested before discounting the operating systems host firewall software that it should be evaluated. Examine and evaluate Window’s 7 host software firewall and one other operating system host firewall (other than Linux). Select the one that you feel is superior. Provide rationale for your response.
Week 8 Discussion 1
“VPN Management” Please respond to the following:
- There are both commercial and open source types of Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) available. Examine and explain each one of these. Select the best type you recommend for a small business. Provide a rationale for your response.
Week 8 Discussion 2
“VPN Management Techniques” Please respond to the following:
- Review and explain each of the following: DMZ-Based, Bypass Deployment, and Internally Connected Deployment implementation. Explain the architecture that you consider to be the preferred technique for a VPN. Provide a rationale for your response.
Discussion Questions 542
Week 6 Discussion
“Website Testing and Security” Please respond to the following:
- It’s important to fully test any sort of web application development for functionality, security, etc. Outline the major components that you would include in your test plan in order to make sure that your Web application is secure. Provide a rationale for your test plan components.
- Imagine that you are an IT Security Manager. You want to have your security team perform penetration testing as part of vulnerability testing on your current systems. Your CIO wants to hire an outside company to perform the penetration testing. Choose a side and argue for or against hiring an outside company. What are the potential benefits and risks with penetration testing in general.
Week 7 Discussion
“End-Point Device Security” Please respond to the following:
- Assume you are an IT Manager in charge of developing policies for your organization’s upcoming BYOD usage announcement. Policies could include categories such as devices supported, passwords, employee use, applications, expense reimbursement, etc. What are the top five (5) policies that you would include? Be sure at least one (1) of the policies involves security.
- Determine what you believe to be the top three (3) physical security risks for endpoint devices. Create a list of three (3) best practices that you would follow in order to secure your devices, physically and otherwise
Week 8 Discussion
“Endpoint Communications” Please respond to the following:
- Imagine that you are an IT Manager and you need to create a PowerPoint for training purposes that outlines the potential threats involved in e-mail and social networking. Determine the top five (5) risks that you would cover in your presentation. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Many organizations do not allow office employees on the corporate intranet to use social networking sites and instant messaging software. Take a position for or against these policies and provide a rationale for your response.