Assignment 2.2: Policemen of the World Final Paper
Due Week 10 and worth 120 points
You have already developed a thesis statement and developed an outline in which you explored two (2)
real-life international incidents from the past five (5) years involving the United States as they received an
elevated status as a world power. Now you will develop the final paper in which you explore your main
points in detail.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
1. Introduce your paper with your previously crafted thesis statement.
2. Identify two to three (2-3) international events from the past five years that can be traced back to
a foreign policy created after the Civil War.
3. Discuss three (3) aspects of US history since 1865 that has led to the USâ€™s rise as a world super
4. Identify three to five (3-5) international incidents since World War II where America has taken on
a policing role.
5. Determine three to five (3-5) driving forces that fueled international policy decisions involving the
international incidents you outlined previously. (Consider treaties, exit strategies, elections, wars,
6. Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
â€¢ Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your
professor for any additional instructions.
â€¢ Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
â€¢ Analyze the rise of the United States to a world â€œsuperpowerâ€ and how that status has shaped its
internal developments in recent decades.
â€¢ Recognize the major turning points in American history since the Civil War.
â€¢ Use technology and information resources to research issues in contemporary U.S. history.
â€¢ Write clearly and concisely about contemporary U.S. history using proper writing mechanics