Please review – A causal model of organizational performance and change by W.Warner Burke
Assignment is as follows:
Identify key transformation or throughput processes and look at the relationships between them. Use Burke-Litwin Causal Model as a framework.
Limit analysis to those transactional variables identified in the (attached) article. A diagram of these variables and how they interact are shown in Figure 3 on page 531. A discussion of the seven variables starts with Structure on page 532 and ends with Motivation on page 533.
The seven transactional variables are:
– Structure: Identify the organizational structure of National Presto Industries, Inc., and comment on how well it fits – or not – with its strategy. Be sure to specify the structure by type: matrix, team based, functional or product departmentalization, organic/mechanistic, etc..)
– Tasks and Skills (Unique or core competencies)
– Management practices (e.g. participative or centralized decision making)
– Systems and Policies (information systems, financial, marketing, production, human resources, etc.)
– Work unit climate
– Individual needs and goals